Bettering Ourselves for the New Year
It's that time of year again when New Year's resolutions start to formulate, and deciding on what we can do to better ourselves for next year can feel like an added task or pressure. I appreciate this list from the Huffington Post, as it describes relatively easy ways to help ourselves be more of that ever elusive word: happy. How can I not love it when the number one thing on the list is to "just breathe".
Here's an abbreviated list:
1. Just breathe.
2. Go for a walk outside at least once a week.
3. Try new experiences
4. Keep a gratitude journal.
5. Give therapy a shot.
6. Take a media break.
7. Make a mental health playlist.
8. Go to bed an hour earlier.
9. Try cutting down on alcohol.
10. Cut out toxic people.
11. Tell people when you're feeling anxious.
12. Donate time or money to a meaningful organization.
13. Or just perform a random act of kindness.
14. Allow yourself to feel sad.
15. Plan a vacation.
16. Recite self affirmations.
17. Give yourself a break.