When I came across this article in the Huffington Post my cynical self was skeptical about a list that could adequately describe the nuances of satisfying relationships. Yet, I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised and found the simplicity of the article even refreshing.
You can find the abbreviated list below and a full link to the article beneath.
1. They always kiss their spouse hello and goodbye.
2. They are generous with compliments.
3. They disagree at times, but they fight fair.
4. They focus on the things they like about their partner, rather than the things they don’t.
5. They engage in a little PDA.
6. They don’t expect their partner to read their mind; they ask for what they need.
7. They set aside time to reconnect, and make it a priority.
8. They laugh together ― often.
9. They discuss their finances.
10. They give each other the benefit of the doubt.